An authoritative and comprehensive work, this book aims to explain the various principles involved in the interpretation and application of legislation. It covers the latest case-laws of the Supreme Court and High Courts. It has been written with the object of acquainting the readers with the various principles of interpretation.
The important topics covered in the book include:
1. Meaning and kinds of statutes,
2. The basic rules of interpretation,
3. The subsidiary rules of interpretation,
4. Internal and external aids assisting in the process of interpretation,
6. Scope of operation of statutes,
7. Statutes affecting the State and Court’s Jurisdiction,
8. The repeal and expiry of statutes,
9. Taxation statutes,
10. Penal and remedial statutes,
11. Delegated legislation and interpretation of the Constitution of India.