The new second edition covers all important topics and issues in Intellectual Property Law [IPL]. This will help in better understanding of the subject through analysis and discussion of the landmark cases on the subject. The book includes all important cases that the authors have relied upon to make the subject more comprehensible.
The notable features in the new edition are:
1. New cases with better articulation have replaced the old cases.
2. Ratios of the replaced cases are included in the exercise for the students to distinguish the same with the new cases.
3. Cases have been made more brief, precise and readable.
4. Extracts of research publications for students and teachers has been included for better evaluation of cases in the light of academic writings.
5. Changes made by the Copyright (Amendment) Act, 2012 have been discussed.
Table Of Contents:
1.Conceptual Basis for Intellectual Property Protection
Concept of Originality in Copyright
Concept of Novelty, Inventive Step and Utility in Patents
Concept of Distinctiveness in Trade and Service Marks
2.Subject – Matter of Intellectual Property Protection
Works Protected under Copyright Law (Including Performances)
3.Rights of Owners of Intellectual Property
Rights under the Copyright Law
Economic Rights of Authors – Right of Reproduction
4.Ownership and Transfer of Intellectual Property Rights
Authorship and Ownership of Copyright
The true and first Inventor and the Patentee
Intellectual Property Rights during Employment
Transfer of Intellectual Property Rights
5.Public Interest and Intellectual Property Rights
Term of Protection of Copyright
Limitations and Exceptions
Statutory and Compulsory Licence of IPR
6.Infringement of Intellectual Property Rights and Passing off